This policy is effective from 12 October 2018.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- Your telephone number and post code
- Your date of birth
- If you are user of coaching or counselling – and only if you have booked a session and created an account – your answers to our matching questionnaire.
- If you are a therapist of coach this might include proof of identity, home address, your qualifications and accreditations, name of your supervisor, details of your professional experience.
- Feedback data related to the coaching or counselling services you receive.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs, suggest a coach or counsellor that may be suitable for you and to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To respond to your request for coaching or counselling
- To deliver our services and to provide you with information about them
- To deal with your requests, complaints and enquiries
- To provide you with information on related events and happenings run by or connected to TCL
- To provide you with the products and services you have selected relating to coaching or counselling
- To send you relevant editorial content
We might use your information to contact you about different things, like:
- To check with you about any service or activity you’ve signed up for. For example we might tell you if your account hasn’t been used in a long time
- To answer you when you’ve contacted us, or to respond to a comment or complaint
- To invite you to take part in surveys about our services, which are always voluntary and designed to improve the service TCL offers.
We will only contact you when we need to or when you’ve given us permission.
We will share your information in the following situations
For us to give you a quality experience and to understand how you’re using our services we might use other companies to process your personal information on our behalf. For example,
- to send you emails about things we think might interest you, or to ask you what you think about our services.
- With partners, suppliers, agents and subcontractors to help us deliver the products and services you’ve chosen to use.
- When you have provided your consent.
- When we have legal or regulatory requirements such as a request from the ICO or law enforcement agency.
In these circumstances we will make sure that your personal information is looked after as if we were handling it directly. We carefully select these companies, only share with them what they need to do the work and we make sure they keep your information secure.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure – if you have any concerns that your account or personal information has been put at risk, please email us straight away.
We may ask for your permission for a small file called a cookie to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. If you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website and better experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
The collection or use of your personal information is restricted in the following ways:
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You can see the the personal information we hold about you when you log in to your account.
- You can ask us to delete the information held on you at any time by emailing us at the address at the footer of our website (write “Delete my account” in the subject line)
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the address at the footer of our website. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How long we keep your information for
Your information is stored in your account. We use your information to provide you with the products and services you have selected and for a variety of other reasons. We would like to keep you informed of developments with TCL including events, marketing activities, new services and related news.
For each customer, the length of time that we need to keep the information may be different, but we will only keep the information for as long as we need it. We always stick to these principles:
- We only hold your information for as long as we do the activities we told you about or have a valid reason to keep it
- We think about what type of information it is, the amount collected, how sensitive it might be and any legal requirements for which TCL may be required to maintain specific data
- We don’t hold your information any longer than we have to
- TCL may contact you prior to the expiry of the retention period to confirm whether you wish to continue receiving these services
- For general marketing activities we keep your data for 3 years but you can unsubscribe at any time. Prior to the expiry of this period we may contact you to request your permission to renew your consent and preferences for another 3-year period.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights:
- To update your personal data
- To change your mind, and ask us to stop using your information
- To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled or required to retain it
- To get a copy of your personal data. Your data (limited to data that you have provided to us) is contained and can be seen on your account by logging in to our website.
- To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request
- To make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us
When you request a copy of your personal data, you can do this via email to the addresses shown at the bottom of our website.
TCL reserve the right to charge an admin fee or refuse a request where requests for data are clearly unreasonable or excessive, particularly if they are repetitive.
Changes to policy
We may amend and update this policy from time to time.
Any changes in the future will be posted on this page.
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this policy or to contact us about your personal data issues at the addresses below:
by email: email@example.com